Does anyone like impressions? The goop, the gag, the time it takes, the taste, the mess on your face? Here at Goochland Dentistry, we know you don’t like impressions! We don’t like them either!
- Seeing you gag
- Cleaning up is a mess
- How long it takes to wait for the impression to set
- We can’t evaluate the results until we send the impression to the lab, and may have had to ask you to return for another impression.
- The cost of each impression ranges $20-25
We made a conscious decision to improve your experience at our office by investing in a digital scanner. We use a Digital scanner called the iTero Element. Pros of utilizing the iTero include:
- We simply utilize a wand to make a digital image of your teeth
- You open your mouth, and we scan your teeth
- No goop and No gag
- Takes 3-7 minutes
Why is the iTero so beneficial beyond being gag free?
- Improved quality control: We can check and verify that our lab will have everything they need to make your smile great before you leave the office
- Improved communication: You can see what your teeth look like! We can communicate with specialists and lab technicians over the internet to provide better planning and diagnosis
- Using the “time-lapse” function we can track long term teeth movement and wear, and how Invisalign movements are tracking
- Digitization of your smile: We have a record of you smile stored in the cloud that can be used to restore your teeth back to where you were before the accident. If you love a relative’s smile, we can copy and paste your smile in place.